Why is an ROE needed?
  • Gaining legal access to private property is an important aspect of a remediation project from start to finish. Multiple facets of a project may require access to a property even before the actual debris removal or demolition begins.
  • In some cases, you may be requested to grant access to your property even though the actual construction project area will not affect your property. For example, an ROE may be needed to grant access through the private easement that exists on your road and property to get to a project site. Right of entries are often requested at the beginning of the project to prevent future delays later on.

Show All Answers

1. What is eligible in the program?
2. What is NOT eligible under the program?
3. What is the purpose of the Right-of-Entry (ROE) and Hold Harmless Agreement (HHA)?
4. Why is an ROE needed?
5. Do I have to sign the ROE?
6. Does agreeing to an ROE mean I am agreeing to the whole project?
7. I think my property is eligible for debris removal or demolition. What do I do now?
8. Do I have to pay for these services?
9. If I have homeowner’s insurance, can I still participate in the debris removal program?
10. What portion of my homeowner’s policy will the local government collect for debris removal?
11. Can I use my debris removal insurance policy to remove items that are ineligible for removal under the County’s program?
12. If I participate in this program, will the County have the right to take all of my insurance proceeds?
13. How soon will the work be done?
14. What if I’m a renter?
15. I own commercial property. Am I eligible for the program?
16. What happens after I submit my ROE and HHA?