The Human Resources Department is responsible for the overall administrative and technical functions and activities needed to maintain an effective recruitment, selection, and benefits program. Development, implementation and coordination of related policies, procedures and training opportunities are ongoing priorities.
Board of County Commissioners Administration
The Human Resources Department plans and directs personnel administration for all departments of the Board of County Commissioners, including labor relations, benefits, salary administration, recruitment, selection and training; as well as ensures competitive classification and pay plan programs and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws on employment issues.
The Board of County Commissioners offers a wide variety of jobs, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
- BOCC Compensation Tables - Rates apply to current fiscal plan year and are subject to change.
- Employment Procedures - how to apply and selection process
- EEOP Utilization Report
- E-Verify - The Bay County Board of County Commissioners participates in the E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
- E-Verify Right-to-Work
- Frequently Asked Questions about Hiring
- Employee Benefits Summary
- External Job Openings - view and apply for external job opportunities
- Internal Job Openings - view and apply for internal job opportunities (current BOCC employees only)
- Bay County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)
- Veterans' Preference in filling positions is afforded to all individual applicants who are eligible and apply. Applicants must attach all documentation (example, DD Form 214) to their application. View additional Veterans' Preference information.
- Bay County will make every reasonable effort to hire applicants with disabilities who are capable of performing the essential functions of the job, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Bay County is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires testing for drugs as a condition of employment.
- The Office of Human Resources is the official custodian of all employee records. All Records, except medical records, are open for inspection in accordance with the Florida Public Records Law, with the exception of those employee's records that are exempted under Chapter 119 Florida Statutes.
Terri L. PierceChief Human Resources Officer
Stacey AdamsonHuman Resources Assistant Director
Jeremy JerniganRecruitment and Development Manager
Tyrus JamesHuman Resources Information Systems (HRIS) Specialist
Pam WhitfieldBenefits Manager/HR Specialist
Maria WestfallHuman Resources Technician
840 W 11th Street
Panama City, FL 32401
840 W 11th Street Panama City FL 32401
Phone: 850-248-8201Fax: 850-248-8218