Planning & Zoning
The Planning and Zoning Division reviews all developments within unincorporated Bay County (excluding single family homes) for consistency with the Bay County Land Development Regulations.
Effect an orderly and efficient growth pattern that promotes economic development and enhances the environment, quality of life, and aesthetics.
View a map of the projects.
The Planning and Zoning Division issues or reviews certain permits.
Comprehensive Plan Documents
- Planning and Zoning 2021 Comprehensive Plan Table of Contents (PDF)
- Chapter 1 Administrative Procedures
- Chapter 2 Economic Development
- Chapter 3 Future Land Use
- Chapter 4 Transportation
- Chapter 5 A Roads Streets Sub-Element
- Chapter 5 B Wastewater Sub-Element
- Chapter 5 C Potable Water Sub-Element
- Chapter 5 D Solid Waste Sub-Element
- Chapter 5 E Stormwater
- Chapter 5 F GW Aquifer Recharge
- Chapter 6 Conservation
- Chapter 7 Coastal Management
- Chapter 8 Housing
- Chapter 9 Recreation and Open Space
- Chapter 10 Intergovernmental Coordination
- Chapter 11 Capital Improvements
- Chapter 12 Bay Walton Sector Plan
- Chapter 12 A Airport DSAP
- Chapter 13 Public School Facilities Element
- Chapter 14 - Property Rights Element Clean Comp Plan