The Human Resources Department is responsible for the overall administrative and technical functions and activities needed to maintain an effective recruitment, selection, and benefits program. Development, implementation and coordination of related policies, procedures and training opportunities are ongoing priorities.
The Human Resources Department plans and directs personnel administration for all departments of the Board of County Commissioners, including labor relations, benefits, salary administration, recruitment, selection and training; as well as ensures competitive classification and pay plan programs and compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws on employment issues.
The Board of County Commissioners offers a wide variety of jobs, excellent benefits and opportunities for advancement.
- Employment Procedures - how to apply and selection process
- E-Verify - The Bay County Board of County Commissioners participates in the E-Verify program to verify the employment eligibility of newly hired employees.
- External Job Openings - view and apply for external job opportunities
- Internal Job Openings - view and apply for internal job opportunities (current BOCC employees only)
|Human Resources Contacts|
|Amy L. Cooper||Human Resources Director|
|Terri L. Pierce||Human Resources Supervisor|
|Chyrl Boyer||Human Resources Specialist|
|Danielle Woods||Human Resources Specialist|
|Maria Westfall||Human Resources Technician|
- Bay County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Veterans' Preference in filling positions is afforded to all individual applicants who are eligible and apply. Applicants must attach all documentation (example, DD Form 214) to their application. For additional Veterans' Preference information the following link is provided as a public service: http://www.floridavets.org/benefits/veteranspref.asp
- Bay County will make every reasonable effort to hire applicants with disabilities who are capable of performing the essential functions of the job, in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Bay County is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires testing for drugs as a condition of employment.
- The Office of Human Resources is the official custodian of all employee records. All Records, except medical records, are open for inspection in accordance with the Florida Public Records Law, with the exception of those employee's records that are exempted under Chapter 119 Florida Statutes.