Thank you for your interest in employment with Bay County Board of County Commissioners. We hope you find this information useful and informative. Please feel free to contact the Human Resources Department if you have any questions regarding employment that have not been answered.
How to Apply
- Applications may be submitted online or at the Human Resources (HR) kiosk located in the lobby of Human Resources and is available for use during normal business hours Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Resumes by themselves do not satisfy this requirement, yet may be attached to the online application.
- Applications are accepted for current posted vacancies only. Unsolicited applications/resumes will be electronically denied or returned to applicant.
- If you are interested in employment in a job classification that is not currently posted, you may complete ajob interest card. This job interest card will either be emailed or mailed to you the next time the job classification is open for recruitment. When you receive the notice, you must complete an online employment application to be considered for employment.
- Pursuant to Florida Public Records Law applications/resumes are subject to public inspection.
- It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete. Attaching a resume in place of relevant education and experience (required to be completed on the application) will be considered incomplete and may be rejected.
- All applications are screened for qualifications. Applications for candidates who best meet the job requirements are forwarded to appropriate supervisor(s) for review.
- The county reserves the right to limit the number of qualified candidates to be interviewed.
- Any misrepresentation, false or incomplete information or omission of facts requested is cause for rejection of the application.
- Interviews for qualified applicants are scheduled by the supervisor.
- Applicants not chosen as a finalist will be notified by email or in writing by the Office of Human Resources. These applications will remain on file electronically from date of original submission and will require applicant to access periodically to update and keep active.
- Upon administrative approval, applicants chosen for employment will be given a Conditional Employment Offer subject to drug testing and completion of a Medical History Questionnaire. Depending on position, other testing may also be required.
- When all testing is cleared, applicant is contacted with a Firm Job Offer and an employment date is set.